Foggy River Morning

We saw plenty of fog the other morning here in southern Wisconsin. On my way to run errands in Madison, I sidetracked to the River Road, which is the access road to get to the local boat ramp for the Wisconsin River. Before winter froze the water over, the river was low. A large sand bar had developed just off of the boat ramp. Much of the snow in the foreground of the first image is on this sand bar.
Standing at the boat ramp, looking upstream.
'I've know rivers.
I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins.
My soul has grown deep like the rivers.'
- Langston Hughes
Looking downstream, towards Spring Green.
 Sit by a river.
Find peace and meaning
In the rhythm
of the lifeblood of the Earth
- Author Unknown


All of these images were shot using my Nikon D40, with the 50mm f1.8 lens, and were edited in the Lightroom 4 beta.